All About Bra's
We thought we'd talk about bras. Do you hate them? The consensus here at tomgunnells is that we'd love to be able to go bra free! We bet it's the first thing you whip off when you get home.
It't so difficult to find one that is comfortable to wear all day long, and looks great too.
It’s a fact that 80% of women wear the wrong bra size, 70% wear them too small, and 10% too big. This can affect us in many ways.
- It can ruin the look of a favourite top, causing lumps, bumps and unsightly bulges.
- It's bad for our health. An ill-fitting bra can cause many health issues including, headaches, back pain, shoulder pain, indigestion, poor posture, abrasions and breast pain.
It is really important to go and be measured by a specialist fitter when purchasing new bras. Most big department stores will have qualified staff to help you. Our biggest tip; allow time, you will probably have to try many on before you get the right one for you. Don’t be shy either, the fitters have seen it all before and should make you feel really comfortable.
Here are some of the telltale signs your bra isn’t fitting you well:
- It’s uncomfortable.
- The centre panel doesn’t fit snugly against your skin.
- You’ve got several small boobs bulging out, or you end up with a one big boob in the middle – aka the mono boob!
- The cups wrinkle and there’s space between the cup and your boob.
- The straps dig in, or fall off the shoulder.
- If you’ve had the same bra years, you probably need a new one, as the bra will be stretched and there’s every chance your shape will have changed too.
If you are top heavy and slightly chunky around the waist, you can look a bit like a barrel shape, just by having a bra fitting and wearing the correct bra, will separate your boobs from you belly and give you the waist you have always dreamed off, without stepping foot in the gym! So ladies, our advice is go and get fitted; then when you buy your beautiful new tomgunnells dresses and tops, they’ll hang perfectly on your body, showing you and your clothes at their best.